Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What do You Think?

Okay, so it is about 11:30 at night...I know, I know, it's not that late to most of you, but for me...whew...very late! So of course, here I am sitting on the couch contemplating just about everything there is to contemplate about! But I was thinking about myself (Yeah, selfish), but okay...think about this. Those who know me, know that I am really shy. Now, I am not always shy but I mostly am. I was thinking about this, and I sometimes hate it. I want to be different. I want to be outgoing and friendly! I mean, most people are "attracted" to outgoing people so it is soooo hard to make friends! I wish I were different sometimes. Is that wrong? Is that bad of me to want to change how God made me? Is there a way to stay shy but still be outgoing? I cannot seem to find that line. Then, there is the other side of this. Do I really need to find a line? What is wrong with being shy? I mean, God did give me this personality, and I think my only motive for wanting to be outgoing is so people will like me (yes, I am one of those people who have a low self-confidence)...Therefore, I think it is wrong. Or is it really? Sorry if I am making no sense at all....I am trying ;-) So back to what I was saying....I think the real question I have for anyone reading this is.....How can I be an affective witness if I do not utter any words? But how do I branch out and talk without changing that particular personality? I just want to show God to people, but I allow this shy thing to stop me, and I am tired of it, to be honest. Any advice? I would love to hear what you guys have to say! Thanks for letting me open my heart to you guys! I think I will try to hit the hay now......Peace.
-Katie-

1 comment:

New Community Internship said...

I think that just the fact that you are reflecting on your demeanor of shyness says something. I can sympathize. In middle school I was incredibly shy. I was so shy that I spoke very softly, so softly in fact that I don't think my peers ever heard me. And that was an impediment to me making friends and keeping relationships. If you feel that your shyness is getting in the way of influencing others, of making friends then pray about it. I will be praying for you as well.

-Sister L