Saturday, February 21, 2009

TRUST

2-20-2009

Geoff and I got to attend Forma last night and it was awesome! What gifted teachers our church has! THANK YOU, Caleb and Jay, for your important words on confession and being real and having a sincere heart with God! LOVE IT! And Joelle was inspiring too. God really connected some dots for me on starting to listen to him and not be so distracted.

Psalm 143 was read several times in different versions and we were asked to be quiet and listen. To hear what certain words or phrases jump out at us and meditate on it. I honed in on verse 8 “…for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.” We were asked to dialogue with God about the word or words we were focusing on. Honestly, at that moment I couldn’t settle my thoughts down enough to hear God’s quiet whisper. But as we drove home Geoff shared the conversation he had with God and I immediately went to God in my thoughts and asked him, “Why don’t I trust you? Why don’t I believe what I say I believe about you?” God very sweetly spoke to me and said, “I’m not the angry Father you’ve made me out to be, Monique. You’ve believed lies against me and you’ve let your hurts consume you instead of my love.” I wept. God spoke to me just like that. He is here! He desires conversation and intimacy with me. Now the work of letting down my defensives I’ve built up for so long. God is trustworthy! It’s time I got that from knowing it in my head to living it out in my heart and life. God is a loving, forgiving, trustworthy Father, who will never leave me nor forsake me! His words are true! The journey begins of being vulnerable and receiving God’s love without any effort on my part. I trust God. Trust God. Believe God. God loves me.

What a Loving God we serve,
Sister Monique

No comments: