Saturday, February 7, 2009

GOOD FRUIT

2-2-2009


I’m kind of humiliated today. We got the Wii Fit – finally after 10 months of trying to buy the game! So everyone in our family had their turn at it yesterday as we waited for the Super Bowl to start. What’s with the Wii Fit age? I’m a little mad and depressed and embarrassed. I’m only 38 but the stupid computer game tells me I’m 44 – yes, 44! It’s amazing the game didn’t get thrown out my window, but the children would have been horrified and sad, so I exercised, yes that’s right – EXERCISED – self-restraint. Geoff was pretty pleased with himself though. Because you see I’ve always prided myself in marrying a much older man (he’s 5 months my senior ☺!) but now with this new Wii Fit age he’s 9 years younger than me – aaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh! Will I ever live that down?

So it’s the New Year and it’s good think about healthy changes and goals for myself. I guess getting more “fit” physically is right up there. But I was also a little humiliated this morning as I spent time with God and reading the scriptures. And I realized it’s time to get fit with God and his heart and his word. Dare I say – disciplined? Yes, it’s time for me to grow up in the Lord and stop being so childish and lazy. It’s time to bear good fruit and be accountable to my loving Father for my thoughts and actions.

I just started a study with some friends by Joyce Meyer, “Battlefield of the Mind”, it’s a great one! Proverbs 23:7 (KJV) “For as a man thinks in his heart so is he.” She writes, “If our thoughts are going to affect what we become, then it’s a priority that we think right thoughts!... Thoughts bear fruit. Think good thoughts, and the fruit in your life will be good. Think bad thoughts and the fruit in your life will be bad.” One of our problems is that the devil wants to destroy each and every one of us and he starts with whispers of doubts, fear, nagging little thoughts, etc. So we must know how to counteract his attacks. We are to abide in God’s Word – continue learning and growing in the Bible. Praise God always with songs, scripture reading out loud and sharing with others about God’s goodness and his nearness. Jesus is our very best friend! And pray always! Know God’s love and mercy and ask the Holy Spirit to help teach and correct us.

Right thinking is vital to living a victorious life in Christ Jesus! “If you abide in my word you are truly my disciples. And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free! John 8:31 – 32. Today’s a good day to be set free and live in FREEDOM! May I continue growing in God’s Word and his heart of love and bear good fruit for his kingdom!

Serving our mighty God and King together,
Monique Tesarik

No comments: