Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Young Women's Christian Association

Just thought I would let everyone know that I got the job working at the YWCA! Thanks for praying and supporting me. I get to work with homeless and foster care kids!

Mission statement:
"The YWCA is committed to the struggle for peace and justice, freedom and dignity for all people... to thrust our collective power toward the elimination of racism wherever it exists."

How AWESOME is that???!

Hope all your weeks are going well and that you are resting in the shalom of Christ.

Ciao belli!
Sister Leslie

PS: I've begun to read through the entire Bible. I have a great article by a Dr. Frost that speaks to the value of a Bible read through. Currently I am trying understand the importance and deeper meaning of Leviticus, if you have any suggestions or understanding send it my way. Thanks!

1 comment:

Geoff and Monique said...

Hi Leslie!
You go girl - how great to read through the Bible! I've heard it said that when Rabbis would teach the new, young students they always start with the book of Leviticus! Something about young, innocent hearts to soak up the laws of God easier. Anyway, I think it's wonderful. Be blessed!
love,
moe